Followers

Monday, June 10, 2013

No Technology : Day One

It is officially the end of "Day One." No TV. No Wii. No internet. When I woke up and saw that it was pouring rain outside, I did not want to get out of bed. Of all the days to start this. Not a sunny beautiful day. But a yucky wet day. Pouring rain. Murphy's Law just smacked me in the face. I got up anyway. It was quiet.

I came downstairs to see all three kids playing quietly. Together. They had the legos out and were laughing at all the funny things they were making.

Then, Jet saw me. Told me that when he woke up, the first thing that came into his mind was that he was going to play his new Wii game today. Then he remembered that he couldn't. So, he .. WAIT FOR IT ...cleaned up the play room instead!! {gasp!} Cleaning without me asking? This cannot be my son. I still must be sleeping.

Kaileyne then joined in the conversation and told me that they fed the dog and unloaded the dishwasher.

HUH? I have been screaming at them to do it for weeks. They never remember. But they did today.

All day long, the three of them played together. No fighting. No complaining.

None of them asked me once to turn on the tv.

No one complained that they were "bored."  And I did not yell at them once. Which is saying a lot.  I am not a "soft-spoken" or "patient" soul. :)

Jet, Kaileyne and Quinn have planned some artsy fartsy stuff for tomorrow just in case it rains. Sock Puppets. You can never go wrong with Sock Puppets!

Honestly, it was a real nice day. The kids had nothing to distract them from doing what they needed or wanted to do.

Now, do not get me wrong. I know it is only Day One of my experiment. I know that this thing can blow up in my face at any moment. The only thing that is in my favor right now is that...they  are SCARED of me!  And I am using that to my advantage. LOL

That is it for day one. They are all in bed right now. So,  you'll excuse me while I jump on the couch, turn on the tv, and watch the season finale of Games of Thrones. That's right! I am a hypocrite. But I earned it. I paid my dues already. My mom use to lock us out of our house and make us play outside. We were forced to play outside. And we were better for it.

See you tomorrow for Day Two's Update. Hopefully, it will not be raining all day long.







0 comments: